Computer Security Implications [Was: Hi]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Security Implications [Was: Hi]

Hi, what would be the quickest way to confirm to check this? Also, am I correct in saying that this only addresses "desktop computers" and not "domain controllers?"

My supervisor stated "I need you to confirm that your domain controllers are complying with this," but there is no mention of DC's. Am I to assume it is?

Thanks in advance.

Computer Security Implications

Account, file, and device access privileges, including file sharing on desktop computers, should not be turned on by default

Re: Hi

Please take a few minutes to read through the forum rules, in particular rule number 3. "Hi" is not a good title for a thread.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Hi

That's such a vague sentence to try to assess that I can't imagine what specifically they're looking for. Reworded, the sentence reads:

"Account access privileges should not be turned on by default. File access privileges should not be turned on by default. Device access privileges should not be turned on by default. This includes file sharing on desktop computers."

To which I reply, HUH?!? Ask your supervisor what he's after. This sounds like managerial vagueries just so he can feel good that an official sounding security bullet point can be checked off.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X