installing applications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing applications

I am having a problem with an accelerated reader program. It requires flashplayer and acrobat reader. I installed both on the workstation via group policy(software packging). I can log on as admin user and the program will work with no problems. I log on as user and it tells me flashplayer needs to be installed and I need admin rights to isntall. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Re: installing applications

Is the GPO applied to Users or Computers? Either is possible, sounds like you want computers in this case so anyone logging on gets the apps. Try running gpresult from the command line whilst logged on as administrator and as a normal user and compare the results.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Depending on how you have the User Accounts locked down, it may be better aplying the GPO to the Computer and NOT the User. For me, Flash GPO installed to Computer whereas it fails for User.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You can Assign the package via:
        Computer configuration - Software settings- Software installation
        Make sure the GPO applies to computer objects and also make sure that the users have got the right share and security permissions on the Source deployment folder if you have one setup.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X