• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• active directory design tools

does anyone know or can name me a good active directory design software
    thanks

Re: active directory design tools

What exactly are you trying to do? You can draw an AD structure in something like Visio if you want, or failing that with a pen and paper... anything that can represent a tree structure can be used. Maybe a Mind Mapping package.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

well i know i can do it on visio and other drawing tools , but what i was looking for is a tool that can help or minimize the time needed to create a design , i remember there used to be a tool called AD advisory 1.0 based on input i can get not a perfect design but a design where i can study it and edit it later on

Comment

I would have thought that the design of an AD structure is usually based on an admin's experience and knowlege of the business requirements, rather than the output of a piece of software...

You don't by any chance mean something that will give you a rough indication of how many DCs you need to support a certain number of users do you?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

i know its based on the admins experience , but again im looking for a tool to make the process faster

Comment

Hi,

Have a look at AD sizer tool. More info from: http://www.petri.com/active_directory_sizer_tool.htm
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X