.V2 Roaming Profiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .V2 Roaming Profiles

Can someone tell me why my user profiles are creating "username.v2" profiles on my server?

I am running a Windows Server 2003 domain and only windows XP clients.

I can't understand why certain user profiles are creating these .v2 folders.

Re: .V2 Roaming Profiles

Are you sure you don't have any Windows Vista clients or Windows Server 2008 servers? V2 profiles are for Vista or Server 2008.

Comment

We have zero windows vista clients.

we do have a bunch of windows sever 2008 servers that run specialized software on them.

Comment

How do the users access and run those application? Do the applications create per user settings?

Comment

No, they do not run per user settings.

The Windows server 2008 servers run applications like, Exchange 2007, Terminal Server (remote Apps) and Phone notification software.

The only thing I can think of is that when we received these new PC's from Dell, they were shipped with Vista and then downgraded to XP. I don't know if there is any relationship to this problem.......

Comment

It's your TS 2008 Remote Apps server that's creating them. Even when running remote apps and not a full desktop session, a user profile is created as Windows needs to create folders such as AppData, etc.

There's no harm in them being there. You just need to be aware that V1 and V2 profiles are not compatible and not interchangeable.

Comment

Ummm....interesting.

Then why doesn't it create a V2 profile for everyone that is using remote apps?

It has only created V2 profiles for about 15 users. We have 100 users using remote apps.

Comment

Well I don't know. It should be creating a V2 profile for everyone who runs a Remote App. Are all the users configured for roaming profiles? Look at the user profiles on the Remote App server (C:\Users), do you see profiles for everyone?

Comment

Yes, you are correct.

All the users that have a V2 profile created are located in C:\Users.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Glad to help, I think?

Do all the users who have ever used one of the Remote Apps have a V2 profile on the TS server?

Are all the users who run the Remote Apps configured to have roaming profiles?

Comment

Do all the users who have ever used one of the Remote Apps have a V2 profile on the TS server?
                      No, some users do not have a V2 profile

Are all the users who run the Remote Apps configured to have roaming profiles?
                      Yes, all users have roaming profiles

Comment

Working...
                      X