Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Audit Remote Users in RDP Session [Was: monitoring]

Hello,

A few users have to connect by remote desktop to a Windows 2003 Server. They do not have administrative rights.

I have been asked to see if I could find a monitoring solution which can capture everything ( software used, document changing, file deteled, moved, copied ) those users are doing on that server.

Until now I have found only software which can tell only what software was used and not what has be done with that software.

Do you know a software which can give a more detailed report?

Best regards,
    Alex

Re: monitoring

I would expect the monitoring solution would need to be installed as a plugin for the software you want to monitor... what software is that?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Office, SQLPplus, PSQLDeveloper, TOAD, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer

Comment

Windows Explorer - filesystem auditing - Google.

Internet Explorer - some form of proxy or other suitable monitoring - Google.

Also, please can you try to pick more descriptive thread titles to help people know what the threads are actually about
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I reckon this is exactly what you need.

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=33202

Comment

Working...
          X