Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to access windows server2003 remotely.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access windows server2003 remotely.

I have successfully installed windows server2003 with active directory & domain controller at Head Office. This server is working fine in LAN environment. Now we have to access this server remotely from branch office (other city) .for accessing user data. How is it possible.

Re: How to access windows server2003 remotely.

Assuming everything is set ok just use RDC or Remote Desktop Connection.
    for that you have to open 3389 port on your router.
    How did you set up connection between Head and branch office?
    The chase is better than the catch

Comment

When you say accessing "user data", what exactly are you looking to connect to. Shares? An FTP site? Can you please post a little more detail explaining what exactly you are trying to achieve.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Are you simply trying to access shares such as \\server\share?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

IF AT LAN SIDE WORKS FINE THEN WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS:
          • make sure there is a default gateway on the server u want to access remotely i.e server at HQ
          • Also there must be a default gateWAY on the PC ie. client at Branch office, that you are using to access the server remotely
          • Remember also you have to be the user with administrative rights on the HQ server

Comment

Originally posted by Testn View Post
            remember also you have to be the user with administrative rights on the HQ server
            Do you? Since we don't yet know what exactly the OP is trying to achieve, we don't know what level of permissions are required either.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I reckon the user is trying to manage the server from a remote location.

You need to put a tick in a box that enables RDP for you. This is not done by default and has caught me out many times.

From the Petri website

http://www.petri.com/enable_rdp_windows_2003.htm

Comment

Thanx...!!!!!!

Comment

At my last job they just used web shares. At my new job it's VPN using RRAS.

Comment

Working...
                  X