Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to control roaming profiles in a multiple site network

Hello all.

I have two sites connected via a 2MB VPN. Each site has its own DC so users are authenticating locally.

At present the users are not roaming with their profiles between sites but now I have been told they will need to roam across the sites.

I have roaming profiles setup but some users have stupid amounts of juke in their profile and it takes too long for the profile to be copied over the 2MB VPN. I am slowly educating them to reduce the size.

Whats the best way to have users roaming in between sites via a VPN (slow link)

Thanks,

Rob

redirect my documents to a server. ask the users to save the big files in my documents.(and not on the desktop)
    now the roaming profile does not transfer the my documents folder to the users only the bitmaps of the directory.
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

You could redirect the desktop as well and make it read only to users so they are forced to save in their network space.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
        You could redirect the desktop as well and make it read only to users so they are forced to save in their network space.
        how do you redirect the desktop?
        Good Luck

Shai

HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

Comment

Group Policy - > User Config -> Folder Redirection -> Desktop or something like that. Then direct it to a share and set permissions to read only. The user can't have a 'desktop' folder in their roaming profile otherwise that will take priority over the redirected desktop.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks
            Good Luck

Shai

HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

Comment

No probs!
              Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Working...
              X