Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reconnecting to the domain controller

Hi,
    If a workstation somehow looses connection to the domain controller, how can I reconnect without rebooting it? Will a simple log off and log on will do the trick?

Re: reconnecting to the domain controller

not likely.
    How do you mean losses conection to dc?
    out of domain?
    or cant see dc?
    The chase is better than the catch

Comment

Originally posted by detonator View Post
      Hi,
      If a workstation somehow looses connection to the domain controller, how can I reconnect without rebooting it? Will a simple log off and log on will do the trick?
      Perhaps you should first try the logging off and back on again and then provide more information with regards to the specific issue.

Comment

The cable was disconnected for a while, the lan card was disabled or the server went down for a while and came back. In such a situation how do I reconnect a workstation to the domain controller without having to reboot? ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew will it work? I just want to be able to get connected to the the domain without a reboot. From what I believe, a log off and log on should work. I might try to disconnect and reconnect that workstation to the domain from My Computers properties but I have to reboot for that, right? Please help.

Comment

If it was a NIC or cable issue and the computer was down for a short period, no more than day, it should be ok but a log off an back on again won't hurt and should allow the User's Group Policy to refresh.

If the server went down, was it the server with FSMO roles? Either way, if you feel that caused the issue, you are then best to restart the computer.

Comment

if the station is still in a domain use ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew then log off and log on.
            still dont understand why dont you want to reboot?
            The chase is better than the catch

Comment

thank u all guys
              ip2host, though Microsoft and rebooting are synonymous, I cannot afford to reboot when I'm in the middle of a task.

Comment

Working...
              X