Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Auditing on Windows Server

Hi,

I need to do server auditing for my server, Is there any best practice or process to do auditing on these server or need to take some parameter or criteria to perform this task....

Presently my server OS windows 2003 / AD /Exchange 2k3

Re: Server Auditing on Windows Server

What exactly are you looking to audit?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Server Monitoring ,Datacenter , server hardening , daily checklist ....etc

Comment

Originally posted by lisa804u View Post
        Server Monitoring ,Datacenter , server hardening , daily checklist ....etc
        Server monitoring and hardening is done based on the server role. If you do a google search with the exact words you put in there you'll get loads of valuable info back.
        As far as Datacenter and daily checklists you'll have to be a bit more specific than that. What?? datacentre physical security auditing?? Checklist of what??
        It would be also worth having a look at observeIT as per this : http://www.petri.com/free-remote-des...it-express.htm
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

If you're looking at datacentre monitoring, then to be honest you need to get a consultant in... someone with liability insurance for a start.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X