Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Domain Permission Denied!!!

Hi to all,

I have really big problem. I have just install a child domain without any problem. Now I can see my two domains in the log on to field on both servers. Everything is fine for now. Except nothing is working!

If I login to child domain controller with its own domain(POLLY). I can't connect my pdc (OLLY - \\10.1.1.3).

It says;

10.1.1.3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

There are currently no logon servers avaliable to service the logon request.

If I login to child domain controller with other domain(OLLY). I can connect my pdc (OLLY - \\10.1.1.3) with no problem.

Either way on the PDC (OLLY) on Active Directory Domains and Trusts window. I can see my child domain (POLLY) but can't manage it. When I try to manage it says

Naming information cannot be located because:
    The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. Contact your system administrator to verify that your domain is properly configured and is currently online.

When I select child domain and right click and then select properties. It says;

You cannot modify domain or trust information because a Primary Domain Controller (PDC) emulator cannot be contacted. Please verify that the PDC emulator and the network are both online and functioning properly.

I can manage PDC (OLLY) from child (POLLY) when I logon child domain controller with OLLY in the logon to field.

I can't logon the PDC (OLLY) with my child (POLLY) in the logon to field. It says;

The system cannot log you on now because the domain POLLY is not available.

I can ping 10.1.1.3. Telnet 139 and 445 (both ways) without any problem.

PDC : 10.1.1.3 - Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Standard Edition Domain Name: OLLY
    Child: 10.2.1.3 - Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Enterprise Edition Domain Name: POLLY

I definitely should do something on the PDC I think. But I have no idea how to fix this issue???

Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ctopaloglu; 24th August 2009, 11:46.

Re: Child Domain Permission Denied!!!

How is DNS configured?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      How is DNS configured?
      DNS Server is on the PDC (OLLY)

IP: 10.1.1.3
      Subnet: 255.255.255.0
      Gateway: 10.1.1.151

DNS: 127.0.0.1

Child (POLLY)

IP: 10.2.1.3
      Subnet: 255.255.255.128
      Gateway: 10.2.1.126

DNS: 10.1.1.3

They are on different locations.

Comment

Can you look at the DNS server and see if any SRV records are registered for the Child domain.

You mention diferent locations. It may be worth considering installing DNS for the Child Domain on that DC.

Comment

Can you look at the DNS server and see if any SRV records are registered for the Child domain.

You mention diferent locations. It may be worth considering installing DNS for the Child Domain on that DC.
          SRV records are exist for the child domain controller.

Comment

Install DNS on the Child DC, make it AD integrated and choose All the DNS servers on the AD forest as the replication scope. Wait for the replication and see if it gets any better.
            Also, configure all the child domain clients to use the Child DC as DNS server.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Unfortuanetly I can't install DNS on chid server. I don't know the problem is about DNS.

The main problem is this I think.

A computer which is part of some other domain can't connect PDC it says

10.1.1.3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I don't want that. I want them to access shared directories. How can I do that? If I can fix this Child and PDC will work together. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ctopaloglu View Post
                Unfortuanetly I can't install DNS on chid server. I don't know the problem is about DNS.

The main problem is this I think.

I don't want that. I want them to access shared directories. How can I do that? If I can fix this Child and PDC will work together. Any suggestions?
                Can you ping 10.1.1.3? Is that IP listed as the host IP that the SRV records point to for the child DC?

Comment

Can you ping 10.1.1.3? Is that IP listed as the host IP that the SRV records point to for the child DC?
                  Yes I can ping without problem. SRV records are fine.

Comment

Yes I can ping without problem. SRV records are fine.
                    You could look into running DCDIAG. It one of the supports tools that comes on the Windows CD. It can probably be downloaded as well.

Comment

You could look into running DCDIAG. It one of the supports tools that comes on the Windows CD. It can probably be downloaded as well.
                      I already did that. It gives me no error. Everything is passed.

Comment

What is the main reason for this? What permission restrict that? Forget about Child domain. I have this problem on PDC. For example other clients which belongs some other domain can't connect PDC. This is the problem. How can I change that behavior?

Comment

What is the main reason for this? What permission restrict that? Forget about Child domain. I have this problem on PDC. For example other clients which belongs some other domain can't connect PDC. This is the problem. How can I change that behavior?
                          Have you checked their DNS settings? Also, are they are the same physical site and subnet as the PDC? Has it ever worked? Did it happen since creating the child domain?

Comment

Have you checked their DNS settings? Also, are they are the same physical site and subnet as the PDC? Has it ever worked? Did it happen since creating the child domain?
                            Ok. Let's forget Child Domain for a moment. Let's say Computer A belongs to WORKGROUP and Computer B belongs to some domain. A and B are on the same subnet same IP settings. PDC at different location.

Computer A can reach shared directories on PDC. Computer B can't. What is the reason?

Sorry for my English and my expression. That's all I can do.

This situation is driving me crazy. Sorry.

Comment

No worries. I was asking if the problem started after adding the child domain or has it always been a problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X