No announcement yet.

New 2003 Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2003 Server

Hi all.

Have been doing a lot of research on this topic and have been wading through a lot of stuff that doesnt make sense. Firstly im not an MCSE in 2003, however i do have some experience in maintaing 2003/2000/NT environments. The question that I have is as follows - ..

We have just purchased a new server with a copy of 2003 server. We currently have a domain called for arguments sake Domain A, which is Server 2000. I would like to know the easiest way of transferring everything from Domain A to the new server (AD included), which i also want to be called Domain A, at the end of the process.

My boss has suggested to just create Domain A on the new server and then just recreate all the users etc etc, but this seems to be a long winded process, and i think it can be done smarter.

I have had a look at ADMT, and think this will be useful, but not quite sure how to use it.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Have a read of the following. The process is reasonably straight forward. If you have any problems or questions then post them back here.;en-us;255504;en-us;324801
    Departed: 23rd December 2015