Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth usage

I joined newly in an organization.
    we have 20 systems.All the users acess internet thru a router.

I would like to know what is the bandwdith usage of every individual user.

Is there any centralised way of doing it

please let me know ...Thanks in advance.

Re: Bandwidth usage

This is possible through Sonicwall's Viewpoint software if you have a Sonicwall.

What type of router do you have? What kind of budget do you have for new hardware or software for bandwidth managment as there are a variety of options.

Comment

Look for Kerio Winroute Firewall.

I can't post a link here due to advertising restrictions but it will do the job for you.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Furthermore do you have Active Directory or some other kind of SSO/directory in place? Do you want to know the bandwidth that a user is consuming on the LAN as well as the WAN? That cna be handy info too. What type of switches do you use? Often times switches have ways of tracking bandwidth usage through SNMP or netflow/sflow and might even tie the usage to Active Directory usernames.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
          Look for Kerio Winroute Firewall.

I can't post a link here due to advertising restrictions but it will do the job for you.
          Paul, you have enough posts that you can throw in a link to a trial version without us thinking you are spamming.
          Systems, Kerio Winroute Firewall and you will get a 30 day trial product that PaulH has suggested.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X