No announcement yet.

Offline files in terminal session

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline files in terminal session

Hi, i know it is not possible to sync offline files via remote sesssion but any one here know work around for it. registery setting hklm\software\ms\winnt\currentver\winlogon did not help. Some of my remote users log on to terminal server and edit their documents. We want to enable offline files for them so their documents can be updated. Is any one know alternative.

Re: Offline files in terminal session

Think about it. Could a user ever be connected to the TS to work on their offline files if the TS is offline? No, that's why it's not possible. Can you tell us what you're trying to accomplish and maybe we can come up with a solution. Tell us your scenario for why you want them offline.

See when user log on to network, his files and folder sync if offline folder is enabled. Same way I want if user is connecting to network by using RDP his files should sync. Is it achievable?

No, that is not a supported function of RDP. Perhaps you're confusing RDP with VPN?

RDP is purely used to logon interactively to a remote computer - albeit with some sharing of data such as clipboard sharing or connecting local printers.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.