Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling SMTP Service on windows 2003

Hi,

Can anybody be guide us how to enable SMTP service on Windows 2003 for sending mail from local machine.

Re: Enabling SMTP Service on windows 2003

Yes you install MS Exchange.

Comment

Google? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=win...3+smtp+service

Maybe if you tell us what you're trying to achieve... to send emails from a computer you don't need to have an SMTP service running on there, and Exchange would just be overkill.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

IIS can do that for him. But the OP has given the most scant amount of detail. If he wants a robust email service IIS is not the one.

Comment

Agreed. The link shows how to enable the service, but since we don't know what is actually required...

To just send emails, you need an email client (and an account with some provider). If it's to be automated, you can use something like bmail or gbmail etc
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You can use Add/Remove Windows components and install IIS and then the SMTP service and others you may require.

Comment

Yes , i need to send mail only thorugh IIS > SMTP service

Comment

Working...
              X