Server 2003 permissions issues ftp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 permissions issues ftp.

I am trying to create a layout using IIS for server 2003 FTP. where each user logs in (anonymous is off), and has their own home directory. I have gotten that part down. In their home directory I have created 2 virtual directories pointed to other folders, that act as a shortcut to shared directories. the permissions work fin on them. However, the users are unable to write to the actual home directory. This is kind of defeating the purpose here. The only difference between the home directories and the shared folders, is that all the users are in a group, and the GROUP has the permissions for the shared directories, whereas the Home directores have only the user with full permissions, and I don't include the group at all in the permissions list (because the group doesn't need to get into a users private directory). For example, the folder eedmond is set to the user eedmond to having full access. He can login and see everything, but CANNOT write to it. Am I missing something here? I have changed permissions in IIS FTP permissions for the virtual folders, and in explorer, as well.
    Basically, here's my layout

DWFTP
    ------LocalUser
    -----------------eedmond (eedmond full access, cannot write however, despite write permissions)
    ---------------------------- Personal Secured Backups (eedmond full access, cannot write however, despite write permissions))
    ---------------------------- Shared (Virtual folder pointing to shared below. Works correctly)
    ---------------------------- UserUploads (Virtual folder pointing to UserUploads below, works correctly)
    -----------------jthensley (jthensley full access, cannot write however, despite write permissions)
    ---------------------------- Personal Secured backups (jthensley full access, cannot write however, despite write permissions)
    ---------------------------- Shared (Virtual folder pointing to shared below. Works correctly)
    ---------------------------- UserUploads (Virtual folder pointing to UserUploads below, works correctly)
    -----Shared GROUP has read, no write, works correctly
    -----UserUploads GROUP has read and write, no modify. Works correctly)

Both Users are part of the group, and also, I have enabled read and write permissions in the IIS FTP for the virtual folders, when your right click and go into properties.

Does IIS FTP for server 2003 not give write permissions just because you give a user full access? and how do I correct this, so users can finally write to their home directories?
    NOTE: FTP is in Isolation mode
Working...
X