No announcement yet.

enforcing print settings ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enforcing print settings ?

We've recently arranged the installation of a new printer, and to make it easier to manage, we're connecting it via the server and configuring settings that way.

As requested, I've been able to configure two individual printers, one set as BW and one with colour. When the printers are mapped at the workstations, they appear with those settings by default (asusming you map the _BW printer or the _Colour printer accordingly.)

I'm now trying to get the duplexing settings working - I've set the printing preferences on the esrver to be print on both sides- flip on long edge.

However, when I try and map the printer, it appears with print on both sides - none by default.

Yea, sure I could script it, or go round and change it on every workstation/laptop - but surely there's a way to configure it centrally, so that 'this setting is how it is, too bad'

Any thoughts ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: enforcing print settings ?

look a bit harder, dumbass :P

The setting I needed to configure (This is for a Xerox Docucentre C240) is under start > printers > c240 > properties > advanced tab > printing default > flip on long edge

I was just going into 'printing preferences'

silly me
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: enforcing print settings ?

Just remember (as you've discovered) that
      PROPERTIES--GENERAL--PRINTING PREFERENCES applies to the current user
      Caught me out so many times

But not as bad as the HP "lets default to letter size paper" unless you change it to A4 in about a dozen obscure places
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **