No announcement yet.

Event ID: 1053

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID: 1053

Although Ive seen a few posts about this Event ID, I was unable to find a similar issue.
    Ive got Server 2003 Enterprise acting as a PDC, running AD/DNS, but DHCP is handled by a Cisco ASA, serving approx 20 winXP users.
    Recently, the ONE XP 64bit machine, has been exhibiting this Event ID1053, upon restart, but NOT upon logoff/login. He can see and utilize all lan/server resources, even add printers from AD. Subsequent errors follow, such as time sync and so on..... all related to not being able to find the PDC.
    No errors are reported on the PDC Event Viewer. DNSdiag and NETdiag report no issues.
    Ive removed/re-joined the machine to the domain, removed both the machine AND the user from the domain; to no avail.
    My question is two-fold:
    1. Obviosly... how to fix this ?
    2. Why is it that when the errors occur, he can still use domain resources, and why does it NOT happen when the user logs off/on.
    Incedentally... this happens when ANY user logs on.

Source: Userenv
    Event ID: 1053
    Type: Error

Windows cannot determine the user or comupter name. (the specidief domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.). Group Policy processing aborted.

Re: Event ID: 1053

Is XP fully up to date?

One resource you might find helpful in future is

In any case, some suggestions from there:

Originally posted by Anonymous
    This happened on two different Win XP Pro SP3 computers. After trying other solutions, I was able to resolve the issue by removing the ''Client For Microsoft Networks'', rebooting, then adding the client back in, and rebooting again.
    Originally posted by Markr
    In our case, this was related to the server in question having an AMD processor. Ping reponses were in negative time (-1ms). We resolved it by adding the /usepmtimer switch in boot.ini as per M895980
    Check that the computer is pointing to the correct DNS server.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Event ID: 1053

It could be that if the switch the machine is connected to supports STP, that the port has not gone in to forwarding mode before the network components on the machine have initialized. Try turning on portfast on the switch port or configure the "Always wait for Network" GPO setting in the GPO that applies to that machine.