change domain user password without joining domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change domain user password without joining domain

I have a laptop that is not joined our company domain (the laptop act as a standalone laptop), but the user has an account in the domain.
    The user login with an account on that laptop, and when he needs access to his mailbox on our exchange server, he connects it with his domain user account.

It is our policy that domain user password expires every 90 days.
    Is there any ways/tools for him to change password without joining the laptop back to our domain?
    What will happen to him when his password expired and he still connected to our exchange/mapped to our drive?

Many Thanks...

Re: change domain user password without joining domain

Originally posted by cheerio829 View Post
    Is there any ways/tools for him to change password without joining the laptop back to our domain?
    Through OWA.

Originally posted by cheerio829 View Post
    What will happen to him when his password expired and he still connected to our exchange/mapped to our drive?
    He'll lose access to those resources.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
    X