Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wxp SP2 and W2k3 SP1 questions

Hello there,

very soon we need to update our clients and servers to resp. Wxp SP2 and W2k3 SP1. All clients run XP SP1, most servers W2k3 (some W2k with post SP4). Can anyone tell me in general which roll out we should do first: Wxp SP2 or W2k3 SP1? What is smarter?

Perhaps some server roles: Ex2k3 SP1, ISA 2004, VMWare GSX Host, Trend Micro

Thanks in advance

Regards Hendrik

Anyone?

Comment

What sort of answer are you looking for? I don't think anyone can give you any true recommendations based upon the info you gave.

Make sure all server of the same OS are at the same (and highest) SP level, do the same for the client machines. DCs should be done first, member servers afterwards, but not without proper testing especially if you have a not-custom environment.

Besides that, good luck.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for the response.
        Well, I was hoping someone could tell me that I need to roll out first all the clients because of ..., and then all the servers.

Comment

as far as i know, it doens't matter exually which one you do first..

personally i choose mostly the clients during bussiness hours en servers in the weekends.
          clients does have more vulnabilities which can be exploited when used (think about Internet Explorer).
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

ok. So when I start with the clients, no new technical issues will appear all of a sudden in the communication to the (unupgraded) servers (or when starting with the servers to the clients)

Comment

Working...
            X