No announcement yet.

Wsus and update time

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsus and update time

A client called me today and asked me to find an optin to change time for client updates after is the server 2003 and wsus...clients are not in doman but in workgroup...they are using the reg key to update workstations from wsus and it works great...but updates are in the middle of work time so it kills he needs to configure updates to be in 4 different times after midnight...50 pc's at 01:00 am,50 pc's 02:00...he have 200 pc's...i will post the reg key here so if anyone can help i would appriciate:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\WindowsUpdate]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\WindowsUpdate\AU]

ps.."ScheduledInstallTime"=dword:0000000c is set but in 12 pm...question is hot to set it at am?

Thanks one more time

Re: Wsus and update time

I would suggest you use something like Process Explorer to see what changes are made to the registry when you set the required option on one computer. You can then export the required keys to a REG file to be imported on the other machines.

Assuming, that is, that your Google search didn't produce any results. Mine did...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Wsus and update time

well this is probably the only site i didnt look...thank you very much didnt understand my question but link solved the problem