Duplicate IP address in DNS reverse lookup zone - windows 2000 DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate IP address in DNS reverse lookup zone - windows 2000 DC

Hi, I am having any issue with reverse lookup zone, i am seeing lot of duplicate IP address for different machines and duplicate names as well with different IP address, so what setting i have to change to get rid of this ??

Currently there is a Windows 2000 DC on which i am observing these things - duplicate IP address and names .

Pls help.

Thanks

Re: Duplicate IP address in DNS reverse lookup zone - windows 2000 DC

Are dynamic updates enabled? If so, are nonsecure updates allowed, or secure only? Is scavenging enabled?

Please give a detailed description of your setup.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi ,

Yes "Allow dynamic updates" are enabled and set to Only secure updates, and no, scavenging option is not checked but showing no-refresh interval and refersh interval is set for 7 days.

Comment

What are the records for? Computers? Other networked equipment? If they're computers, what OS are they running? If Windows, are they domain members?

Also, have a read of this thread.
        Last edited by gforceindustries; 29th July 2009, 09:25.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes the records are for Computers with windows XP OS and the other network equipments as well like printer etc etc... and yes they are domain members, i have gone through the attached thread, but let me know if i need to change anything.

Comment

Working...
          X