Sharing domain resources with a workgroup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing domain resources with a workgroup

I am using a domain network here at our office. I have some computers that are on their own workgroup. When I access Domain resources, example a shared folder it asks me for a username and password. Once I type that in it saves it and I am allowed to access the shared folder from then on. Where do I find which username I am using to access the shared file. I inherited this domain from someone else and I want to know which username they are using to access the shared folder.

Re: Sharing domain resources with a workgroup

When I have had to do this on my domain, I usually map them a drive to the share. While mapping the drive you have an option that says, "Different User Name", select that put in your user as domain.loc\user and password. You can use [email protected] and password as well.

On your file server, if you go to Computer Management. There is a shared folders section that allows you to see who is connected to the file server by username and from what computer, it will also show you what files they have open at any given time.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Originally posted by baschaff View Post
      I am using a domain network here at our office. I have some computers that are on their own workgroup. When I access Domain resources, example a shared folder it asks me for a username and password. Once I type that in it saves it and I am allowed to access the shared folder from then on. Where do I find which username I am using to access the shared file. I inherited this domain from someone else and I want to know which username they are using to access the shared folder.
      Type control userpasswords2 from run or a command prompt. Click on advanced and then managed passwords. User names should be present there.

Comment

Thank you. Both replies helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X