Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to start automatic update service

Hi All,

I am using windows software update service 3.5 for update to all production servers that are installed server 2003 enterprise server.

One of that server i am unable to start Autometic Update Service. I cant repaire that server because it is a production server so i cant down it.

So Please help me to resolve this issue with out shutdown the server.

Thanks in advance......

Re: Unable to start automatic update service

What error message do you get if any? Also Can you clarify WSUS 3.5? Maybe I've missed that but I haven't come accross any 3.5 version yet!
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Unable to start automatic update service

Had a problem with automatic updates on client computers; perhaps it's the same issue you're having... try this first:
      If in an AD environment, make sure that the servers and workstations have the following security set: (You can force this with a GPO, under Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/System Services

Interactive - Read
      Network, Network Service - Read, Start, Stop, Pause
      System - Full

I'd go ahead and make sure BITS is set with the above security as well.

If that doesn't work and you're getting an error message, (don't remember the exact error message) try this:

automatic updates
      Code:
      start /wait net stop wuauserv
      start /wait sc sdset wuauserv "D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)" >> %FlagLocation%\%computername%.txt
      start /wait net start wuauserv
      BITS
      Code:
      start /wait net stop BITS
      start /wait sc sdset bits "D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)" >> %FlagLocation%\%computername%.txt
      start /wait net start BITS

Comment

Working...
      X