file server migration toolkit missing data problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file server migration toolkit missing data problem

first post, but long time user (troll?)

here goes.

I have a Windows 2000 fileserver (data) that is due to be decommissioned, so this weekend I ran the file server migration toolkit from microsoft on the new fileserver (data01)

all appeared to be going well - there were some errors due to access denied messages for a few folders (HR and payroll) but all else seems well, reports from the fsmt say the migration was successfull. however....

when I am on the new server, I go into the location of the migrated data to tweak the share information D:\data\migrated, and I can see the folder for the server name (data), but no subfolders e.g. (depts). if I look in my computer of the new server there is the right amount of Mb taken up on the free space list.

I can browse to the share on client machines (\\data01\depts_data ) and all the files and folders appear to be there.

my question is how can I see the subfolder of migrated so that I can tweak the share information on the server?

thanks in advance for your help

Re: file server migration toolkit missing data problem

Go to Computer Management -> Shared Folders and make sure the shares are going where you think they're going.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: file server migration toolkit missing data problem

HI thanks for the reply.

worked out what it did...

basically it had set the folder depts as a hidden system folder for some reason. once I had unchecked hide protected system files, I could see it, then ran attrib -r-s-h from the command prompt and all was gravy!

thanks for your help