Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFRS replication problems in W2k3 environment

Hi everyone,
    I've been dealing with my problem for a few months now. I have 3 servers/DC.
    server1 - ex-SBS2003 (OS:wsk3 standard SP2)
    server2 - new DC which ultimately will replace server1 (OS:wsk3 standard SP2)
    server3 - exchange server (OS:wsk3 standard SP2)

server1 has migrated from 2003SBS to 2003 standard (using utility imove) but even being 2003SBS it has not being working properly (that was one of the reasons to move Exchange2003 to another machine).
    Server1 and Serve2 are both DNS. AD replicates between all 3 servers. All 3 servers can resolve each other with no problems.
    SYSVOL and NETLOGON never showed up on server2 and server3. I see a lot of 13508 events on both of them and Event 13516 never follows.

I've tried many things, including BurFlags D4/D2.
    after D4/D2 trick event 13554 follows:

The File Replication Service successfully added the connections shown below to the replica set:
    "DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)"
    server2
    server3

but right after the 2 of 13508 events follow for both servers:

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from server3 to server1 for c:\ad\sysvol\domain using the DNS name server3.domain.com. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name server3.domain.com from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on server3.domain.com.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.

there is no errors or warnings in the eventlog on server1. dcdiag is "clean" as well as FRSdiag report.

Please help,
    Thank you.

Re: NTFRS replication problems in W2k3 environment

So server 3 is a Domain Controller, with exchange installed?

Which servers are showing the Netlogon share correctly?
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

only server1 has NETLOGON and SYSVOL shares.

Comment

How did you upgrade\covert from SBS2003?

I have never done or seen this, so i am unaware of the process, are you sure that the restriction of SBS 2003 are completely removed? SBS only allows 1 Domain Controller!
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

there is a utility called umove for active directory. I've done the migration using it.
          I can't say if there any restrictions left but the goal was to get rid of SBS restrictions and migrate to the new server hardware.
          server3 is ruining on the virtual machine now.
          Last edited by Sergey81; 10th July 2009, 17:46.

Comment

Working...
          X