No announcement yet.

Viewing permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing permissions

Hi all,

I've just started with this new job and I'm administering 9 Windows 2003 SBS servers and about 120 workstations. The problem is that the admin who worked here before me really made a mess when it comes to file and folder permissions.

Some users don't have the necessary rights to enter a folder or create a new file, or even worse, a lot of users have to many rights on certain folders and files.

Does anyone know of a tool that can help me view all file and folder permissions? I've look at the free tool AccessEnum from Sysinternals:

allthough it does a good job, it's too limited for me.

I hope you guys (and girls if any?) have some suggestions. Thanx in advance!
    MCSE 2003: Security

I would have suggested AccessEnum. Its an excellent tool and its free. Im not too sure of anything that does this better... certainly not for free!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

AccessEnum is a nifty little tool and you can certainly do a lot when you export its results to Excel or Access.

However, I'd like to use something that's more GUI-like which gives me an overview of the permissions in the blink of an eye so to speak. A free tool would be great of course, but I don't mind spending money on an application that can do what I want.
      MCSE 2003: Security