Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webserver issue

Hi all,

Here is my network topology. I have a website named for eg; www.company.com ( server 1 ). And I have some other sub website such as user.company.com and sale.company.com in (server 2).

I can reach to www.company.com, and in this server I have two links going to server 2 for user.company.com and sale.company.com.
    The problem is I can't reach to sub websites from server 1.
    I have created the Web site for user.company.com and sale.company.com in server 2 as well.

NAT server is also working fine.
    all are running on windows server 2003 with IIS.

So, I would to know what do I need to do in the server 2 to work with link from server 1.
    Last edited by examplez; 8th July 2009, 10:26.

Re: webserver issue

So your exisitng web server is in your DMZ then??? or is it being hosted elsewhere??

Comment

yes, these sub links are in NAT server. I would like to reach to sub links from server 2, like http://user.company.com and http://sale.company.com. but can't reach . it is the problem.

Do I need to register these sub domain?

Comment

Your still not very clear about your setup.

Do you have DNS settings set to point to the servers???

Where are you trying to access the servers from??? Internal or external??

Comment

sorry, I am newbie. thanks for your reply.

yes, I already point the DNS server. www.company.com to server 1 ip and , sale.company.com and user.company.com to server 2 ip.

Comment

Is this in internal DNS or External?
            Can you also answer Wullie's other question?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

it is the external DNS. I bought that www.company.com from www.domain.com.

thanks for your reply bros.

Comment

This is like pulling teeth
                Can you please answer ALL the questions you are asked -- that way we can help you
                If you answer only the ones you want to, we dont have the full picture

In addition to checking you have provided all the information asked in any posts above, can you please check what your public DNS record for sales.company.com looks like

Is it similar to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, 192.168.xxx.xxx or 172.xxx.xxx.xxx ? (where xxx is any number from zero to 255)
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for my English bros.

Now, I clear about that network.

I have two IIS website ( http://sale.company.com and http://user.company.com ) in Server 2 ( private ip : 192.x.x.x). I am using nating with Public ip ( 203.x.x.x) in NAT server.

In NAT server I point to private server 2 ip (192.x.x.x ) for these domains.

From DNS I also point to the NAT server ip 203.x.x.x for these two domain.

the topology is two domain ( sale.x.com , user.x.com) and one single server. I have created these two website in IIS also.

is it clear bro?

Comment

I'm out.

Your not answering the questions we're putting forward to you in any sense.

Where are you accessing the website from???

Is your server behind a firewall??? Your drawing isn't very clear about that.

Have you set the external DNS server to point to your internal servers??? Anythime i've ever done this is to a webserver in a DMZ and use NAT policies on our firewall.

Comment

sorry for late reply. I removed the diagram. cos that was wrong.

we are accessing the website from internet (external). that server is not behind the firewall and DMZ also. just behind the NAT.

in the NAT server, I point to the IP address(private) of the web server for port 80.

in the DNS setting of domain.com , i point the ip address of NAT server for these two web.

Comment

Working...
                      X