windows server 2003 ias and radius configuration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows server 2003 ias and radius configuration

hello everyone, im new here. im hoping if someone could help with windows server 2003 ias and radius server.

i really dont know where to start here but here is my scenario:

server1:
    configured as domain controller and dns server
    2 nics (1 nic is for local/internal network which is manually assigned with ip; 1 nic has ip address from isp for internet connection and directly connected to router)

server2:
    configured as ias and radius server
    member of domain
    has 1 nic connected to local/internal network

client1:
    for vpn testing
    connected to internet with different isp

i have installed active directory/dns/ias/radius but im already lost in the middle of no where because i dont know now how will this work, can someone help me with this one please..

is my set up correct?
    what else should i do so i can move forward with this?
    you can email me: [email protected]

Re: windows server 2003 ias and radius configuration

Hi,

Welcome to the forums. Just a word of advice, I'd lose the second NIC on the DC if I were you and use a switch or whatever to save yourself loads of headache in the future. Also have a look at this: http://www.tech-faq.com/planning-a-r...strategy.shtml
    and tell us what exactly you are trying to achieve. You seem to have all the tools you need in there so you'll have to be a bit more specific about what you want.

P.S. Also, the way these forums work is to post any questions, answers and any feedback in here so other people with similar queries may benefit from it. Thus there's no need for posting an e-mail address (Keeps away the spammers as well).
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: windows server 2003 ias and radius configuration

OK, you need to make sure that IAS is configured to recognise your RADIUS client. The client is the interface that will pass connection requests from the Internet to your IAS server. So long as the IP address of the client (in my case the router) is correctly set and so long as both are using the same Shared Secret you should be OK.

This is how my server is setup:

Configure RRAS so that it can grab addresses from the DHCP server.

Make sure that your RADIUS client (the router) will pass the RADIUS requests to the correct server

This is how my router is setup:

Make sure that both RADIUS accounting and authentication protocols 1812 and 1813 are being forwarded to the IAS server.

Make sure that your AD user account properties are allowed to dial-in.

Make sure that the connection on the remote computer includes the domain option:

If you get any problems you can check out this useful MS article:
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...16(WS.10).aspx
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X