Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP and mshome.net

Guys,

I have a server domain1.local and I have set-up DHCP on a computer called computer1.

But within the DHCP console the server name is computer1.mshome.net rather than computer1.domain1.local

I am not useing RAS but I did have ICS set-up but It disappeared when I promoted the PC to a domain controller (However when I try to bridge 2 connections it still says that I am using ICS)

any idea's

Not urgent as it's just a practise domain but it's annyoing me

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Fixed it.

After searching google I found it had something to do with ICS and Routing and remote access.

ICS must have disabled the routing and remote access server. problem resolved by setting it to automatic and starting the service.

within DHCP it now appears as computer1.domain1.local

Anyone else come across this before or can confirm if what I think happened was correct

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X