Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

server 2003 R2 -Schedule task is not responding when trying to create a schedule task

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2003 R2 -Schedule task is not responding when trying to create a schedule task

Schedule task is not responding when trying to create a schedule task

Hi all,

Server 2003 R2,
    For whatever reason my task schedule will freeze when I try to schedule a new task.
    I start the wizard it will open then I click next and that is.
    I have done a big search in Google, I tried everything. I copied the registry keys from my other server (same operating system), I uninstall and reinstall IE7 (read about it somewhere), I have change the security setting on the server making sure security and permission are all done but for whatever reason will still not work.
    This is a critical item for me as I need to run some schedule backup jobs at the moment I am logging remotely in the evening and run the batch file myself.
    RE installing the operating system is not an option which is a pain

Any help or idea let me know.

Thanks
    Avi

Re: server 2003 R2 -Schedule task is not responding when trying to create a schedule

Hi,

I ran into a similar issue with task creation, it worked fine for about a year and then stopped. I was unable to come to a resolution for my task scheduler/at.exe errors. After much googling, I tried System Scheduler, a free program. I have been using it for about 3 months with no issues on server 2003 and winxp.

It can be downloaded here:
    http://www.splinterware.com/products/wincron.htm

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X