Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

window 2003 virtual machine can't boot ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window 2003 virtual machine can't boot ?

I have problem booting up my window 2003 virtual machine inside MS virtual PC. The virtual machine looks for DHCP. My host pc is running vista ultimate 32 bit. I have already set the NIC card for virtual machine to "local only".

I can't boot it up to set static IP.

Is there anyway to boot it up in safe mode so I can set static IP? I already tried to press F8 but it ignore key command.

I really need to get virtual PC running to study for my window server 2003 exam.

Can somebody help me please?

Re: window 2003 virtual machine can't boot ?

change the vnic setting form 'local only' to 'nat' or normal access, so it can talk to you rnormal network, then it gets an ip address, then you can change the setting back to local only for the vnic, and manually assign an address
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: window 2003 virtual machine can't boot ?

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      change the vnic setting form 'local only' to 'nat' or normal access, so it can talk to you rnormal network, then it gets an ip address, then you can change the setting back to local only for the vnic, and manually assign an address

I did as you suggested but it didn't work. I changed the network adapter to NAT for virtual machine to pickup host IP address. then I change it back to "local only".

Does it matter where I store the virtual machine on the hard drive of host machine ?

The virtual machine still boot up looking for DHCP.

Comment

Working...
      X