No announcement yet.

Server 2003 R2 & RDP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 R2 & RDP

Hello all,
    I installed Windows server 2003 as file server with FSRM.
    Evry several days i get calls from users that they can not access to files like PST files that store in this server, when i try to connect to the server remotely i am not getting an error, the rdp is return to connection window. the problem vanished only after rebooting the server, the RDP and The file access.
    the event viewer in clean....

suggestion please....

Re: Server 2003 R2 & RDP

Anything useful in your event logs?
    Virus scan?
    Any network issues?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Server 2003 R2 & RDP

ihi, next time the problem occurs, instead of trying to connect to te server via RDP, try and replicate what the users are doing, see if you can access the network shares htye are accessing.

In particular, try the command net view \\servername
      It sounds like your shares are failing.. which points to the server service..
      If it IS found to be the Server Service, then you should move this to it's own service process as a starting point. Then try and work out why, taking into account ossian's post..

Also - what sort of storage does this erver have, is it inline disks, DAS, NAS or SAN, as this may have an impact... ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point