No announcement yet.

Cannot Disconnect Network Drives

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Disconnect Network Drives

I have a win 2k server box which has lots of network drives on it, but some of these drives have a red cross mark on it, I now don't intend to use it. Is there a way that I can get rid of all those drives?

I tried:
    1. Click Tool --> Disconnect Network Drive, but the network drives that I want to disconnect are not in the Disconnect Network Drive window, so I can't select and disconnect them.
    2. Right click on each of the network drives and select "Disconnect" from the menu, but the error window pop-up said "The network connection could not be found."
    3. Type "Net Use" in the command prompt, but the network drives that I want to disconnect are not listed.
    4. Type "Net Use X: /d" in the command prompt, the message "The network connection could not be found. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250."

I have no idea as to why this is happening. Please advice how to remove these unwanted network drives. Thanks.

for disconnect driver use command
    net use x: /delete - where x: - name yours network driver

Can you restart your system?
      It works?
      Have you some kind of logon script or something that could be map those drives?

MCSE w2k
      MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
      MCDBA SQL2k

DCOM error in Event Log

Hi All

I am Huan, a new member. I got a lot of messages in Event Log said:
        Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is: {9DA0E10X-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036}. The user is SYSTEM/NT Authority, SID...

Please share with me your experience to solve this issue, thanks.

Re: Cannot Disconnect Network Drives

Hello Huan,

How does your question relate to thread title, Cannot Disconnect Network Drives??? Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question.

Have a read of the Rules about posting and come back in 2 weeks when your Ban has expired and try again.
          This time with the right Title and a more descriptive message.

Thank you.
          Departed: 23rd December 2015