X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD user not able to access shared folder

Hi

I got one issue in windows 2003

one user is not able to access shared folder in network.

user1 is not able to access the shared folder sharedfolder.
    i have already added him in security setting of that shared folder..

every thing is find but user is not able to access that folder in Windows 2003 Server.

Can any body help me on resolving this issue..???

Thanks & Regards.
    Kumar

Re: AD user not able to access shared folder

Hi,

What are the share and security permissions on the folder and what's the error you get?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

hey L4ndy

shared permission is Read but i didn't find that user in security permissions.

getting error "Access Denied"

thanks
      Kumar

Comment

So, It looks like a permission issue then.
        Just give the user or the group he's a member of the right permissions on the security tab. Also check the effective permissions for any inherited conflicting permissions.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

If you have added a security group to the resource then added the user to the security group make sure they logoff and back on again for the security tokens to update.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi m80arm

Thanks for reply.....

I forgot to mention, the user is member of one Universal group/security group and he
            was access that folder previous but now he is not getting access to that folder.

Getting error "Access Denied"

Thanks & Regards.
            KuMaR.......

Comment

Have you recently changed the permissions for this folder? If the user is present in the share permissions and in the security permissions, they should have access.

Are the user's entries the same for both the share and security permissions? Have you tried adding the user explicitly to each and ensuring that the level of access you want to grant to user is the same for set of permissions (read)?

Also, have you tried re-applying the security permissions under the Advanced section of the Security Permissions? I have had instances where I have added a user and they have been denied access until I re-applied the permissions.
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X