Active Directory Users getting locked automatically

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Users getting locked automatically

My OS is Windows server 2003 enterprise and i do have exchage 2003 enterprise.All member of Domain Admin group getting locked automatically. i have found in event viewer->Security->failure audit->client machine ip and username that have failure audit. In this situation have to log in as a admnistrator account and unlock all my accounts. Other non member of Admin group users are not getting locked. microsoft web help refers to this is a virus related problem but i update antivirus program to my servers and all my clients as well but nothing improved. i was trying with symantec,mcafee and kaspersky.

please help me

Re: Active Directory Users getting locked automatically

Hello There, i do't really know if it's a virus problem, maybe it a setting in your GPO in you Domain Group Policy, in the Blocking, you can increse or disable hte number of incorrect logins. Check that out and see if it resolves the problem.

Regards
    Kevin

Comment

Hi,

How is your account lockout policy configured?
      Have a look at Lockoutstatus.exe to get more info about what's causing it.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi there,

We had an incident a few weeks back, all domain admin accounts locked out.

As soon as you unlock them, locked out again straight away.

Turned out to be conflicker!!!!

It was a bit of a nightmare for a few days.

If it turns out to be Conflicker / downadup.exe / - advice, help and removal instructions can be found at http://www.symantec.com
        Last edited by fergie; 16th June 2009, 16:21. Reason: More Helpful info.....
        MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Comment

Originally posted by shourov View Post
          My OS is Windows server 2003 enterprise and i do have exchage 2003 enterprise.All member of Domain Admin group getting locked automatically. i have found in event viewer->Security->failure audit->client machine ip and username that have failure audit. In this situation have to log in as a admnistrator account and unlock all my accounts. Other non member of Admin group users are not getting locked. microsoft web help refers to this is a virus related problem but i update antivirus program to my servers and all my clients as well but nothing improved. i was trying with symantec,mcafee and kaspersky.

please help me

Thanx Fergie,

i agree. it is a conflicker. my antivirus detect it. but could not remove it.
          then i cchek my Domain Controller Os that had service pack 2 version 4354. i unistall it and install final release of service pack 2. if you install it , you will notice there is no version number of SP.this indicates,final version. and now i am running well.
          shourov

shourov

Comment

Working...
          X