Access Denied to User Profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Denied to User Profile

Lately when random users log onto the domain they get an error that says it cannot load their user (Roaming) profile so it loads the default profile and any changes they make will not be saved. I usually just change their password or restart the machine and one of the two fixes the problem.

Just this morning I tried to log in and I had the same problem. It says access denied to my user profile. Nothing has changed on the server that I know of. I have not touched any settings or permissions over the weekend. I have restarted my computer, changed my password, removed my computer from the domain/DNS flush/rejoin with no success. I tried logging on with another machine and had the same problem. When I browse to the server when logged in allows me to access my profile folder. I’m still pretty new to this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by baschaff; 15th June 2009, 15:59.

Re: Access Denied to User Profile

Hello , have you changed the logon permitons? like touched the hour logon settings? are you shure you setup correct roaming profiles?

Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Yes everything is set up correctly in that aspect. It has been working fine for months. I found the problem(I think). There is a file called prf3eb.tmp that I have no rights to. It is located in ...PROFILES\MyUsername\desktop\ on the server. I have logged directly into the server as the admin and tried to delete it. I keep getting Access Denied. It will not let me do anything with it. I have changed to permissions of the file and it still will not let me touch it. How do I forcefully delete it. Its not in use or anything. It just says access denied. Dont know how ill ever get my studying done when our server keeps having all these problems. I guess the best way to learn though is hand on so maybe its good for me.

Comment

Well, go to the task manager and see if you can find any strange process that may be creating that file. It can belong to a process or a service, and until it's beeing used, it will be dificult to delete it. It can be a antivirus blocking the access, try to run off the antivirus and what happens. Well tell us more about your server and what you have installed probably it would help.

Regards
        Kevin

Comment

Well I fixed it.

I turned off ALL rights to the file except for my user. I granted myself full access. I logged directly onto the server under my username and tried to delete the file which did not work. So I logged onto the server through my machine and it did the same thing(not loading my profile). BUT, it did allow me to delete the file through the server. After I deleted the file I rebooted and it loaded my profile without a problem. The only wierd thing is it said it was configuring outlook for use for the first time. After it loaded nothing was missing which was a good thing. Ill have to do some research and find out what that file was that I deleted. It was only 197k and called prf3eb.tmp I think the 3eb is randomly generated. Anyways...thanks for the hlep.

Comment

Well didn't help much, but at least i tried. Glad you havsolved the problem.

Regards
            Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X