Here is my 2 Node Cluster Configuration:

NIC1
    -has 3 Virtual IPs

NIC2
    -has 2 Virtual IPs

NIC3
    -private heartbeat

Network Name
    -using 2 network names (each are dependent on the 5 virtual IPs)

File Share
    -dependent on the 2 Network Names

The issue I am having is that we have had 2 Network Name resource failures this week in which case they went 'Offline'. This takes down the file shares along with it due to dependency.

ERROR:

Source: ClusSvc
    ID: 1119

The registration of DNS name host1.mgadm for resource 'Name1' over adapter 'Public LAN x.x.x.x' failed for the following reason:

DNS signature failed to verify.

The registration of DNS name host2.mgadm for resource 'name2' over adapter 'Public LAN x.x.x.x' failed for the following reason:

DNS signature failed to verify.

The registration of DNS name host1.mgadm for resource 'Name1' over adapter 'Public LAN x.x.x.x' failed for the following reason:

Unsecured DNS packet.
    (This error popped up after changing DNS back to Secure/Unsecure)

We've had our cluster in place since 5/3/09 and did not have any issues until this week.

DNS Configuration:

-Dynamic Updates
    -Non Secure / Secure
    -Active Directory integrated. So 'Secure' is our desired config

Before this all started our original DNS server configuration was for both Unsecure/Secure updates (Dynamic Updates). I then reconfigured for Secure Only and still same thing. I have looked over many KB articles pertaining to various possibilities but nothing has shown to be resolution. Our cluster service account has permission to update records. The nodes are using Static IPs. I am looking for some more insight from someone who also has Cluster experience. I have SQL clusters in our environment that do not have any issues like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I will be referenced to articles I have already reviewed but my goal is open dialog and have further insight in order to eventually resolve the sudden problem.
    Verbalh
    CCNA, MCSE, MCP, Network+, CNA, A+
Working...
X