Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distributed File System components not show in windows componets wizard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed File System components not show in windows componets wizard!

hi,
    I have a fresh installed Vmware virtual machine window 2003 R2 with sp2, I tried to install DFS on it, I found in web claim:
    The simplest way of installing these new DFS components is to use the Manage Your Server Wizard to add or upgrade the File Server role. Doing this installs the new DFS Management console and provides you the option of installing DFS Replication also if desired.
    but after I setup this server as file server , I didn't find "upgrade this role" in "manage your server wizard" and Distributed File System components not show in windows componets wizard!
    anyone has an idea? thanks in advance!
    jimmy

Re: Distributed File System components not show in windows componets wizard!

The DFS is installed automatically. You can launch it from Administrative Tools --> Distributed File System.

If you want to install DFSR (from R2), you can install it from the installation CD #2.

Comment

Re: Distributed File System components not show in windows componets wizard!

yes, I have Administrative Tools --> Distributed File System, but I don't have "Distributed File System" components not show in windows componets wizard, which I need to install "DFS management" to Administratrative Tools.

Comment

Working...
      X