File Permissions Access Denied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Permissions Access Denied

Here at our office we are running windows server 2003 with several users connected to the domain. My problem is, there were two people using a shared folder on the server and everything was fine. I recently had to move that folder to a local workstation(all running XP pro) for specific reasons. I shared the folder and gave full permissions to the other person who needed access to it. Everything was still working fine. I then granted myself full access to the folder but I keep getting access denied. I have logged both of us off but no change. I even created a group on the server and added the two users who needed access but it still will not allow me in. I guess I dont fully understand how folder sharing works on a local computer when you are connected to a domain. Any help would be appreciated. I searched all over and cannot find an answer.

Re: File Permissions Access Denied

Did you go into the advanced options on the security tab and check 'Replace permissions entries...' and click OK? Have you also made sure that you added your account to both the security permissions and the share permissions?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I did everything except for the share permissions. What is the difference between the share permissions and the security permissions? Ill try that in a little bit and see if that works

Comment

Share permissions determine which user accounts are allowed access to that shared folder. Security permissions let you determine what each user account can do once it is in the shared resource. Think of the share permissions as a bouncer - if your name is not on the list, he won't let you in.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X