Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Server 2003 and configured AD,DNS and DHCP but getting Errors??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Server 2003 and configured AD,DNS and DHCP but getting Errors??

Installed Server 2003 Standard Edition and configured AD,DNS,DC and DHCP but getting following errors?? Pls help me for solution

List of errors

event id 1053
    source Userenv
    Des Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
    Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Event id 40960
    Source LSASRV
    Des The Security System detected an authentication error for the server cifs/STAR. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
    (0xc000005e)".

Event id 1126
    Source NTDS Geral

Additional Data
    Error value:
    1355 The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
    Internal ID:
    3200d11

User Action:
    Make sure a global catalog is available in the forest, and is reachable from this domain controller. You may use the nltest utility to diagnose this problem.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event id 4000
    Source DNS

The DNS server was unable to open Active Directory. This DNS server is configured to obtain and use information from the directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and reload the zone. The event data is the error code.

Re: Installed Server 2003 and configured AD,DNS and DHCP but getting Errors??

Is this the first DC in a Forest? Have you checked that the GC option has been set on the server's NTDS properties in AD Sites and Services? What about the TCP-IP settings? Do they point at itself for DNS?

Comment

netdiag and dcdiag results would be helpful.

Comment

I had a similar problem, because of hardware failure, check your memory and hard disk's, never know if that can be the problem. I had a backup of AD etc etc and just restored the backup and i was back in buisiness, after i changed the faulty hardware ofcourse.

Regards
        Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

you might want to check whether your "Net Logon" service is in "Started" status. I have this once on my server and after "killing" it and start again, everything back to normal.

Comment

How is the IP addressing set up? This is the kind of behaviour you might get if say the SBS machine was built and the wizards run off a DHCP address allocated by a router and then after reboot the server gets a different IP.

Its a simple check just to make sure the server has a statically assigned IP, that the first DNS server is itself and that the IP matches with SBS (use the Change IP wizard if the IP address has changed since the build.

Comment

Working...
            X