No announcement yet.

Windows Firewall on Everything is gone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Firewall on Everything is gone!

Hi to all,

We have a cluster infrastructure. Suddenly our internal applications stops working.

Here is the main problem. When I disable the windows firewall on the server everything is gone. I mean I can't login through RDP or console. Everything is hanged. And we have to restart it. In order to login, we unplug the cable then we enable windows firewall then plug the cable back on. But when we enable windows firewall our internal applications stops working because of the limitations and we get lots of errors from numerous services (DNS,Cluster Services,MSDTC and so on). It is not possible to open all of the ports because honestly we don't know which application is using which port and we are using somany programs (oracle (tns), sql, apache and so on). But the problem is related to windows. I am sure about it. We didn't touch it and is has gone. We have to disable to firewall.

Any suggestions? or hotfix related to that issue. The situation is very serious. Waiting urgent reply....

Thanks for your help.

Note: First error we get is:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MSDTC
    Event Category: SVC
    Event ID: 53258
    Date: 5/28/2009
    Time: 08:54:29
    User: N/A
    Computer: DV1
    Description:
    MS DTC could not correctly process a DC Promotion/Demotion event. MS DTC will continue to function and will use the existing security settings. Error Specifics: %1

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Another

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7031
    Date: 5/28/2009
    Time: 08:55:50
    User: N/A
    Computer: DV1
    Description:
    The Cluster Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Last edited by ctopaloglu; 8th June 2009, 14:41.

Re: Windows Firewall on Everything is gone!

Here is a solution someone Blogged about:
    Open up Component Services from Administrative Tools. Expand Component Services, expand computers, right-click My Computer and click properties. Open the MSDTC tab and then hit OK. Strange, I know, but it works. You need to restart the Distributed Transaction Coordinator as well.
    Ref: http://mondotech.blogspot.com/2009/0...58-ms-dtc.html

I am not entirely sure about the authenticy and relevance but it's worth a look i think.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Windows Firewall on Everything is gone!

It seems we have a virus like Conficker.C worm (kido alike). It attacks 139 and 445 ports. We patched the systems with MS 08-067. And system is normal again.

Comment

Working...
      X