Search Server 2008 Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Server 2008 Express

Hi I have recently installed Search server 2008 express onto a new server that exceeds the minimum requirements for the application.

Windows 2003 Enterprise and SQL 2005 has been installed on this server.

I have managed to setup the the content sources and have the data has been crawled, this aspect of the application seems to works fine and I have managed to get the NTFS file permissions from our servers now also working.

The issues I still have are related to carrying out a search using the search centre site:

1. Any results displayed containing documents from my search criteria fail to open when I click on the URL.
    2. The speed of running the initial search is quick, but if you try and click through to next page or try another search the web browser application hangs(timesout sometimes also). The only way to overcome this is by closing internet explorer and reopening the search site.

Can someone please help me by telling me where I'm going wrong or if i've missed something?

thanks

Bal

Re: Search Server 2008 Express

Moved to Server 2003 forum since thats the underlying OS
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X