Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attributes required to add

Hi Everyone,

How can I add some attributes like Blook Group in General Tab of Users account Properties in active directory 2003.

Yours help will be hight appreciable.

Thanks
    Kamal Singh

Re: Attributes required to add

Blook Group?

I doubt that I am alone in not being completely sure what you are asking about.

Are you wanting to have Active Directory store additional fields other than the standard information (such as First Name, Last Name etc)?

To my knowledge Active Directory is not designed to store information like that and it would be more approriate to use contact management software or a database to store information on people and leave AD for managing computers and logons.

Comment

I think he meant "Blood Group" but maybe this is the AD for Blook(Global)Inc. and it is correct

It is possible to add new fields but I have found it best to grab an unused one like "web page"
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Kamal Singh View Post
        Hi Everyone,

How can I add some attributes like Blook Group in General Tab of Users account Properties in active directory 2003.

Yours help will be hight appreciable.

Thanks
        Kamal Singh
        You can add custom attributes to the schema. And read and write to these attributes via LDAP (used by a program or script), the program has to be aware of the existence of the new attributes.

But you will not be able to read and edit these attributes using the "Active Directory Users and Computers" MMC snap-in (assuming that is the 'General tab' from you mensioned) - unless - you'd write an extension (in C/C++) for the ADUC snap-in to implement a new tab in ADUC, for the custom attributes you want to manage with ADUC.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X