Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old users loging problem on new domain controller.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old users loging problem on new domain controller.

dear all,

we have old 2003 domain controller. recentely we installed a new domain controller new hardware with the same name and old user accounts. all the users connected to it with there respective passwords properly but sometimes some users having problem logging to the server (domain controller is not available to complete the request error coming). after waiting for sometime user can logged on by using the same password.

pl. help me into this matter

Re: old users loging problem on new domain controller.

Welcome to petri, s_pilke
    Please take a moment to read the forum rules:
    http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=26
    A mod will be along to move this thread to the correct forum

If you installed a new DC with the same name, I presume it was in a new domain (it couldn't have been in the old one). Did you join the client computers to the new domain?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

we had hardware failure to our old doamin so we replaced it with new hardware but the server name, its dns name and all the other details like user names configured are also the old one. so that it will tale around 15 to 16 seconds to login with the password. is there any problem because of that old profile of windows xp node. the other problem i observed that if the users network get disconnected the users cannot login to the system locally (error: the system cannot log you on now because the domain is not available)

Comment

The issue is probably due to the old profiles. Carry out a test by deleting the current profiles on a few machines. Make sure you back them up first though.

Comment

yes it's working after configuring system into domain with new profile but i can't do that for all 250 systems is there any patch or something to get rid of this problem
          solution apperciated

Comment

Not that I know of. You could script re-creating user logons as different names. That would be the quickest method.

Do you have Exchange or any other systems on the network?

Comment

Sounds like you've created an entirely new domain with no users or computers connected to it.

Have you rejoined all the PC's back to the new domain???

Have you recreated all your user accounts???

What diagnostics did you do to determine that you had to replace your domain controller??? It owuld've been alot easier of you added a new DC and allowed relication to occur, this doesn't need to be on a hardware device either. Virtual PC and VMware server are perfect for this.

Comment

Working...
              X