installing printer driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing printer driver

How can i install printer driver frome remote computer with windows XP on server with windows server 2003 and domain controller (on the remote computer there is also manage tools) WITHOUT using LOGON SCRIPT or 3rd software part
    this is very importent for me so if anyone can help me i would be glad
    guy

What happens if your user goes to start > run, types in \\servername and then double clicks on the shared printer?

This should install the driver.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Like Tonyyeb said, share out the printer on the machine (XP in this case?) and on the other machine click START > RUN > type \\MACHINE_NAME and double click the shared printer.

It will ask to install a driver, and once done will open the Printer Manager window for the printer.

If you want to redirect LPT1 to the shared printer, you can use the command:

NET USE LPT1 \\MACHINE_NAME\PRINTER_NAME

This will redirect all LPT1 traffic to the networked printer.

Hope that helps
      1 + 1 = 11 ... honest!

Comment

thenx...

well this will sound stupid but i was try to do this on Microsoft Virtual Machin and the problem was that i never added a printer in the first place on the server so i could not see the printers and faxes icon in the server folder over the network
        and just now i figure it out thanks to friend of mine

and thank you guys very much for your quick answer

guy

Comment

No worries...
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

1 + 1 = 11 ... honest!

Comment

Working...
            X