dns problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dns problem

can any body help me with these error i tried to serach the net and i tried microsoft soltion it doesnot work
    ent Type: Warning
    Event Source: DNS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4013
    Date: 6/3/2009
    Time: 12:16:47 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Description:
    The DNS server was unable to open the Active Directory. This DNS server is configured to use directory service information and can not operate without access to the directory. The DNS server will wait for the directory to start. If the DNS server is started but the appropriate event has not been logged, then the DNS server is still waiting for the directory to start.

Data:
    0000: 2a 23 00 00 *#..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DNS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4000
    Date: 6/3/2009
    Time: 12:16:47 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Description:
    The DNS server was unable to open Active Directory. This DNS server is configured to obtain and use information from the directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and reload the zone. The event data is the error code.

Re: dns problem

Have you tried restarting the DNS server service? Can you give more information on your network? Number of DCs, DNS servers and so on and versions.

Comment

yes i tried to restart services and i try solutions proposed by microsoft

i use win server 2003 and i have 2 domain controllers in the site B replicated with the primary domain controller in site a

the problem is the server joined to the domain in site b suddenly cannot contact thier domain controlloer or resolve dns i dont know why

and the 2 domain controller in site b cannot replicate with each other

Comment

Does the DC in the other domain have DNS? Are client's effected on the network and 2 sites? Have you tested the routing etc?

Comment

this may not be any help...but you want to check if your "Net Logon" service is "Started" or "Starting".

Comment

Working...
          X