Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folder Redirection GPO problem in Windows 2003 environment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection GPO problem in Windows 2003 environment.

Problem with Folder Redirection and Windows 2003. I have user "TestUser" in Global Security Group "TestRedirect" with a GPO "TestRedirect GPO" that has No Override and Block Inheritance enabled. In GPO Editor, "My Documents" under Folder Redirection is set for "\\Server1\e$\TestRedirect\%USERNAME%\My Documents" with "Create a folder for each user under the root path" option selected. I run CMD with gpupdate /force, log off, log back on, create "test.txt" and save to My Documents on a workstation and it's in My Documents local, instead of \\Server1\e$\testRedirect\%USERNAME%\My Documents. This is on Windows 2003. Not sure if maybe ADUC doesn't acknowledge the "$" variable? Also, with Folder Redirection should you create the folder that the path points to, or let the policy create the folder so it has proper ownership? Is creating the root folder and sharing it out first required? Any ideas?

Re: Folder Redirection GPO problem in Windows 2003 environment.

to use the share "e$" the user would have to have admin rights on the server or you to open up that share. Much better practice would be to create a new share (call it something like Folders or Documents) and set that in the GPO.
    This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

Re: Folder Redirection GPO problem in Windows 2003 environment.

Hi hcaulfield,

We are having a Win 2003 AD domain and Win2003 File Server.
      All my users save their files on the shared drive on the File Server however there was a requirement by Busines Sales Representatives for having files to work from home. They are all laptop users.

Thus, I have implemented Offline Folder Synchronizataion and synchronize MyDocuments folder whenever these laptop users login or logout on the domain.

I have prepared a document while setting up the Offline Folder Synchronizataion at our organization and hence I thought it may be useful sharing with the users of the forum.

Cheers,

Pankajb
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X