No announcement yet.

The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

I used the command below during last year for access remote office server 2000 (domain member) from home 192.0.0.0
    Last week I started to get an error. No problem on Lan when access the same server from other servers (2003 AD). Web discussions suggest unjoin-join domain for people with similar error but they talking about domain computers
    When I run this command from my home pc it asks me login name and pass
    And I typed domain_name\user_name. Any suggestions?
    Also, this is a file server. If I will try to unjoin-join domain would shares rights screwed up.

C:\Users\xxxx\backup>net use r: \\10.0.0.209\e$
    System error 1789 has occurred.
    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Thx.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Is your account locked out?
    Is there another machine with the same name as yours on the domain?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Sounds like the client is a remote home machine. Most likely its been unable to communicate its password update to a DC and the two are now out of sync.

unjoin/join will work but netdom will do it better.

Comment

I'll try to explain the situation simpler:

1. site to site vpn: home:192.x.x.x office: 10.x.x.x

2. In the office: SBS 2003 and two40 2003 Standard plus 2000 member server. It is a file server.

3. cannot map anymore 2000 server from any home computer.
        On one of them run new sid and renamed the machine.
        Before connected using ip address and providing domain_name\user_name

4. The message when try to connect:
        System error 1789 has occurred.
        The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

5. no problem when map drives on office Lan.

6. no problem mapping drive of any other (2003) server on office Lan from home. The error only when mapping 2000 server. It worked for a long time.
        "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Can you ping the machine in question??? Presumably the 2000 machine.

Which machine was renamed??? Why did you run new sid??

Have you removed the old machine name from ADUC???

Did the IP address change?? Have you deleted all the DNS records for the machine??

Comment

Working...
          X