Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can two seperate domains/domain controlers co-exist on same subnet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can two seperate domains/domain controlers co-exist on same subnet?

Can two seperate domains/domain controlers co-exist on same subnet?

For example, we have a setup of xp workstations, 1sbs 2003 server and its running on a dg834 router (NAT basically)

Im loading a couple of virtual servers, one blackberry enterprise trial, one window 2003 and exchange. (I wouldnt put dhcp on for obvious reasons)

I would bridge the connections onto the current network so that it can use the gateway (the netgear)

Would this cause any problems?

is there a better way around this. eg set the vms to be on differnt ip range alltogether then put in a second virtual NIC which is bridged and use routing and remote access to just pass internet traffic that way?

This is basically so i can set up a test environment whilst im stufying for my blackberry certification, unfortunatly at the moment they company has just the nat connection (which is soon to be changed for a differnt router so we can use the rest of our 8 ips)

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Ben
    Ben Gillam MCP/MCSA 2003 - IT Manager (IGC Group)

Re: Can two seperate domains/domain controlers co-exist on same subnet?

Nothing wrong with that setup at all. You dont require RRAS as VMware already allows for NAT'ed Virtual NIC's (presuming your using VMware Workstation or Server). In essence though the virtual clients would be double NATing though in this instance. As you correctly say the only caveat is DHCP. Of which only one can exist on the broadcast domain.
    Last edited by scurlaruntings; 28th May 2009, 18:19.

Comment

Working...
    X