Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enabling more than 3 users Rempte Desktop without Terminal Server license.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling more than 3 users Rempte Desktop without Terminal Server license.

Hi All,

At the moment I'm trying to figure out to no avail of how to enable remote desktop into a single Windows Server 2003 Std. which is stand alone (not join to the domain) ?

currently i can do 2x Administrator Remote Desktop + 1x Administrator Logon locally (in front of the Server). What I want is that to enable multiple local user to have access using Remote desktop into it.

I don't have and not planning to have a terminal server in place so I wonder if there is any solution for this ?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Enabling more than 3 users Rempte Desktop without Terminal Server license.

I think its a built in limit of the OS.

BTW you do realise you'd be breaking the EULA by doing this.

Comment

Ah... :-0

so there is no other way than installing the Terminal Server licensing server role inside this server.

Comment

Not that i'm aware of there isn't.

There probably will be a hack of some sort but i don't know about it.

If anyone does know about it DO NOT post it on this board as it will result in a ban for the user posting.

Comment

wow, that's sounds scary though
          simply because I'd like to send this box of Windows Server 2003 Std X64 into my customer remote location which doesn't have different AD site from what I'm using now.

so in this case I should then just live with it .

Comment

Will you ever have 3 admins remoting into the box at anyone time???

Comment

actually it is a server which host a custom web application, and there are 6 developers currently want to make some changes.

Comment

terminal services is the way to go then.

Comment

Do the developers really need full remote access to the server, or just access to a share and maybe the IIS console (which can be managed from a client PC)?
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok, they need to use a database access tools which query the Oracle DB in other Server. So I tried using the Terminal Server for trial 120 days and it is working fine as the test will only last for one month

Thanks to all for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X